Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Baby Is Growing Up...

It looks like enjoying moments of solitude is within my grasp!! Didn't know that it would come so soon...but I'm not complaining.

It began yesterday at 2pm when Kat got a call from a friend telling her to call a woman at the YMCA about a job interview. (Kat had put in an app before Christmas...) She called the woman immediately and was schedueled to meet for the interview an hour later. We go, fill out more forms, Kat was given the tour, and then was told to be at work the following morning at 7am!! For now, her hours are 7am-9am Tuesdays & Wednesdays working with the preschoolers. I swear it looked like Kat was floating through the air when she heard the news.

However, the floating disappeared at bedtime!! She was SO NERVOUS about her first day, that she hardly slept. She was even awake and had already bathed, washed her hair and was getting dressed by the time the alarm went off!!

To celebrate the occasion, we stopped at McD's on the way to work to grab breakfast. She was still nervous, but I had faith in her that she would do great. When I picked her up 2 hours later...she was ALL SMILES and told me about the kids she worked with today and can't WAIT to go back tomorrow!!

Of course, being the scrapbooker/photographer that I am, I HAD to get photos!! *giggles*

**Kat in the car before going to her first day at her first job!!


**Kat walking into the building. I wanted to zoom in, but was unable due to the tears flowing.

Due to the quickness of her getting the job, I had to rush around today to get another copy of her birth certificate (because I've misplaced the one I had...), get a work permit form from our homeschool, while there turn in the first semester's grades and pay the last part owed on this year's tuition. Now I'm off to pick up OS from work, then get Kat's employer to fill out her part of the work permit form. If there is enough time left, I have to take completed form to BOE to get an officer to approve her permit.

LOVE & HUGS
~Jay~

No comments :