For the past 2 days, I've managed to get out of bed for several hours and sat in hubby's truck as he took Kat and Matt to work and ran errands/paid bills. It took a lot out of me, but I did it. Only had a couple of coughing fits during the trips, but nothing too bad.
However, Wednesday afternoon when we returned, I had a coughing spell that was so bad my left eye started burning. By Wednesday night, I saw why...several blood vessels had burst making my eye look all bloodshot. Then later, I had another coughing spell where the entire left side of my face went numb. Thursday morning I woke to see the corner of my left eye looked like someone had punched me!! During the afternoon, the inside corner turned red and my eyelid started swelling. (My eye now hurts constantly.)
Kat & I took photos...they are really scary.




I stopped throwing up, because I stopped taking my BP medicine. When we were running errands on Wednesday, I had taken it and was sick all day. Tommy and I got to talking about one of the side effects being dizziness and I told him I wouldn't take it at all on Thursday to see what would happen. I stopped being dizzy and I stopped throwing up. (OK, I did throw up once after dinner, but it was because I had a bit TOO much to eat and my stomach wasn't used to holding so much.) *blush* In my defense though, I was very hungry...
On the bright side...I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow...a follow-up from the doctor visit I had Saturday ( a week ago when I had got the shots and all the meds ). I feel OK during the times when I'm not coughing, but there are occasions when my entire left side of my body feels numb and tingly...and especially my face. Odd thing is when I am talking or smiling...the left side kinda just sits there and doesn't move unless I concentrate really hard and make it move...though it feels stiff and hurts a bit.
Tommy says I talk really slow after each time I have one of my coughing spells but I didn't believe him so he recorded me talking. It scared me to hear me sound like that, when inside my head I don't sound like that, or think I'm going that slow. Tommy is going with me tomorrow to talk to the doctor too, cause I want to make sure someone besides me hears everything in case I forget something.
I talked with Lilly, my ADSR4 partner, she said she would understand if I didn't finish the race, but I told her that I had made a promise of finishing this race and we would finish. I'm now working on challenge #12, and hoping to have it completed by tomorrow night.
1 comment :
Praying for you, Jay!
Hugs!!!
Post a Comment