1. I'll be glad when I'm able to spend more than 2-3 hours out of bed without becoming so exhausted that I end up in bed again. Healing and returning to a normal routine is taking longer than I thought it would. I just stay so tired now...
2. The coughing up tons of thick phlegm has turned to coughing up lots of foamy spit now that I'm on an acid reducer medication. Very glad I'm not gagging anymore, but the coughing still continues and the foamy stuff comes up constantly without warning.
3. Just prior to me going into the hospital, I ordered the book "Nother World" by Aimee K. Maher. It arrived the day I came home but didn't get a chance to start reading it until last night. So far I'm up to chapter 2!!
4. It's becoming a normal routine now for checking my BP & sugar stats and eating meals and snacks at a scheduled time. Keeping a written journal is also helping me keep track of everything and I'll be taking it with me to my next doctor appointment so that she can see how the meds are working.
5. I went to get groceries yesterday. I got whole wheat bread, whole wheat English Muffins & whole wheat tortillas, fat free margarine, fat free sour cream & fat free cheese, skim milk, chicken, beef, Canadian bacon, cheerios & rice crisipies, and more fruit. Now I have everything to make it easier to make complete meals and stay on my 1600 cal diabetic diet from the list the dietitian gave me.
6. Two days ago, I ordered a book online at Barnes and Noble..."Mix 'n' Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes". It arrived today. Some of the recipes look scrumptious, but will need to discuss them with the dietitian, because an entire day's worth of meals only equals to 1350 cal when I'm suppose to be on a 1600 cal, and I'm still trying to learn how to use the "Diet Exchange".
7. I can't wait until this Friday...Kat & I are ordering more books from Barnes and Noble. She's picking up #3-6 of an Anime series she started a couple of weeks ago, and I'm gonna look for the book that Mikey mentioned on her blog..."The Sugar Solution".
8. During the hours I've been resting in bed, I've been doing research online about diabetes. One of the sites the dietitian suggested is American Diabetes Association. They have so much information that I'm only a portion through the website!!
9. Tommy has taken a huge interest in learning about the foods I can eat and how to prepare them. It makes it so much easier for me knowing that I won't be doing it alone. He's even suggested that when we cook for me, we make enough for the entire family so that all of us are eating healthier. I'm good with that...and it will make it easier to not purchase those fattening and dangerous sweets that I'm so addicted to.
10. As of Sunday evening, the ADSR4 season is now over. Lilly and I made it through all 12 challenges. The host site sprung an "optional" #13 challenge, but due to Lilly dealing with the fires in Victoria, Australia, and my recent stay in the hospital, we decided to forgo the optional challenge and just wait for the drawing for the grand prize. (Will try to upload the last 2 challenge layouts later this evening.)
No comments :
Post a Comment