Monday, April 6, 2009

An Unexpected Visitor...

It's a good thing that I busted tail in my house with the Spring Cleaning... because this morning, at 10am, my brother from Michigan showed up at my door!! He told me he had been to Mobile, AL to visit his bio-father, and that his health was very poorly. He'd also been to see some of his highschool friends, and several of their parents that he was close to.

During the 2 hours, we wandered through each room and talked about all of the improvements that Tommy and I have done to the house and what we still have left to do...he loved the improvements. He mentioned that the kitchen seemed a lot smaller than his memory. (I said it was because he was taller now...hehehe.)

As he was leaving he said his next stop was to visit our Uncle William and Aunt Cheryl, and then he was going to visit the cemetery to see our parents' graves. I told him not to get too upset when he seen Momma's foot stone, because it had settled on one end and the caretakers have yet to fix it. He said he'd get it taken care of before he left for home tomorrow morning. (I told him that I'm taking Easter flowers to decorate the graves sometime this week...and showed him the decorations for the graves that Robert and I picked up for this coming Christmas...all silver and white and sparkly...he loved them.)

The visit didn't last long enough for me...there were still so many things I wanted to show and tell him. Don't know when the next time I'll get to see him...I already miss him!!

No comments :