Still slow going with the scrapbooking projects. At the moment I'm working on 3 different books. One is a wedding book...nothing but wedding photos of everyone in the family dating from 1850's to present date. The 2nd is a "Family Tree" book showcasing the genealogy of my mother's side of the family, along with photos. The last is the continuous-ongoing book of my "unknowns". With each box that I sort through, I'm discovering more and more photos of ancestors that I know nothing about. Sadly, these unknowns will remain, as each member of the family that would have known is no longer with us. Which reminds me, I came across a wonderful phrase the other day on someone's scrap page she had done for her family, "When we were young, we didn't ask questions; now that we're old, there is no one to answer them." Wished I had taken better care of asking about my history...*sigh*
While sorting through more boxes I came across some wonderful treasures!! My Mamaw Stone's birth certificate, Mamaw & Papaw Stone's wedding book, Mother's birth certificate, my parents wedding photos along with their marriage license, Daddy's birth certificate, his Deacon certificate of ordination & his honorable disharge certificate from the air force when Mamaw had a stroke and he was sent home for family emergency!! I even found several report cards and test papers of my Mother's from the early to mid 50's!! I sat in tears going over each one, scanning and uploading to my laptop...remembering every little thing of my parents. The amazing thing about finding their wedding photos and marriage license on Easter Sunday is how they would have celebrated their 48th anniversary April 10th...TOMORROW!!
Well, gonna go for now before I have more tears start to flow. To hold ya over til next time, here's a sample of my wedding book I've been working on...
My Mamaw Stone's Wedding Day - Feb 3rd 1919
She was 15 and Papaw was 30!!
She was 15 and Papaw was 30!!

My Parent's Wedding Day.
They got married in the formal living room of the house
that now belongs to me and the kids. She married while
a senior in highschool. Took off a couple of months, then
repeated the entire grade the following school term.
They got married in the formal living room of the house
that now belongs to me and the kids. She married while
a senior in highschool. Took off a couple of months, then
repeated the entire grade the following school term.

This is me PRE-health probs, PRE-weight probs, & PRE-stress probs!! LOL
Wished I still looked like that!! (Minus the poodle hair though - ACK!!)
Wished I still looked like that!! (Minus the poodle hair though - ACK!!)

For those interested, these pages were made from
"Memories Of You - Quick Page Sets" designed by Nayyan.
They can be found at DIGITALSCRAPBOOKING(DE)
1 comment :
many thanks for the lovely comments on my blog about my Denim Alphas,
Post a Comment