Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday Surprise

I'm sitting here in shock. For one, yesterday evening was my oldest son's Graduation Ceremony. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me...watching him walk up on stage and take his seat. Listening to the pastor open with prayer. Listening to the special singers. Watching all of the photos flash on the screen of each graduate from birth to graduation day. Having son be presented with a single red rose and plaque that had a "thank you" message inscribed and then watching him walk over to me and present both to me. Watching him walk across the stage as someone read a list of accomplishments and then him receive his diploma. I couldn't hold it in anymore...the tears flowed!! I can't begin to tell you HOW PROUD I am of Matt!!


My second shock actually came earlier yesterday morning, and has now become MY "Saturday Surprise"...I've been chosen as a new CT-Layout Designer for Tina Williams Designs!! (The very same one that Idgie told me about one week ago and I had to apply immediately!!) At first I was confused, because my email was flooded with messages coming from her yahoo group for her CT-members. I was like "HUH?!?" I never claimed to be a smart cookie, so it took me a bit to catch on to the "why"...ROFL!! (I'm blaming it on the fact that my mind was more on getting ready for Matt's graduation ceremony...and it had NOTHING to do with me being slow *snickers*) And then BAM...I put 2 & 2 together, went to visit my yahoo groups and noticed I was invited, and then I knew...I WAS IN!! (I think my squeal of joy was heard 5 miles away!!) Ok...maybe not THAT far, but it was definitely loud enough that I scared the hair off of a few of my cats!! *giggles*

So, now here I sit, in the same boat I was in a few weeks ago when I was added to Lorene Hill's CT. YES...the doubts are flooding me. Am I really good enough to do her proud? What if I create a page and she isn't happy with it? What if I create a layout and it truly sux?!? What if they chose me due to a few great pages I've created but my future pages can't live up to my past pages?? What happens when I completely LOSE all of my creativity?? What if I'm just being overly paranoid and should just quit thinking?? hehehe

Can you tell I'm EXTREMELY nervous? There's so many things I have to remember about creating pages, and requesting kits, and where to post, and how to send messages, and I forget what else at the moment, but fortunately I have saved everything to text files and will definitely be reading and re-reading it daily!! Matter of fact, I think I kinda went anal retentive a bit in organizing files...I've now created a folder for each CT with sub-folders for each designer's kits I receive in exchange for layouts, kits I purchase(or will purchase), freebies, CT-rules, and info on members of each CT. Hopefully, with my tendency to forget things, keeping everything this organized will help me remember what I need to do /per page/per week/per month/per CT. (Try saying THAT really fast...lol)

As I try to untwist my tongue, I think I'm going back to review my text files again, so that I can get really familiar with everyone and everything I need to know.

'Til next time...Happy Scrappin'!!
*doing happy dance...I'm on Tina Williams CT*

1 comment :

Sooze said...

Congrats on becoming a member of of Tina Williams CT!!! I don't know why you have any doubts about your layouts...I always love seeing your pages on Scrapbookflair....you deserve to be on the team. Well done!!!