Thursday, May 24, 2007

THURSDAY TOM FOOLERY...and a bit of a rant

I suddenly find myself drowning under a sea of stress again. One of the main reasons I had to give up my "always list" tag group and the 7 groups that I offered personalized tags was the stress had become to much for me to handle. It stopped being fun and had become more about meeting deadlines. Wanting to be a member of 4 CT's may have been biting off more than I can chew.

I have tried to make it as easy as possible for me by making detailed folders for each CT. I even went so far as to RETYPE each CT's rules and eliminate the unnecessary chit-chat that was mixed in. (I need just the facts so I can find it easier...) I'm now familiar with the required LO's for each CT, and I've created a daily planner to break down how long I can work on each page per day, and how long it should take for posting each page. (That way I'm still able to have a life outside of scrappin') However, doing all of this hasn't relieved my stress.

I'm used to deadlines and stress...once upon a time I was an assistant manager of a bank. What I'm not used to is the massive amounts of places I need to post my LO's. So, once again, I made a list for each CT of the required galleries and groups to post. You would think that with all of these detailed & over-excessive lists, things would be run smoother. NOOOOOO...not so much!!

There are 10+ galleries that I am a member and post my LO's. Some of these galleries, I have been at for a while. Some I'm just starting. I know my way around galleries, and feel very comfortable posting at any gallery that is requested. What I'm not used to is posting to groups that have their messages set to be approved by the owner or mod. When I've written out a detailed list broken down by specific times each day, having to post at groups that do not go through immediately throws the rest of my list off for the day. (Part of my OCD...I'm a list maker, and if my list isn't followed to the T-it's a bad thing.) Not being on my schedule stresses me. It causes my nerves to blow up, and makes me a very unpleasant person to be around. This makes for an unhappy hubby and kids. This also causes my blood pressure to go sky high which I'm suppose to avoid due to already having a stroke a few years ago.

So, now I'm searching for new groups that do not have moderated posts, so I can maintain my schedule and post to all galleries and groups at one time and know it's done. Until then, I'll just add an empty slot into my lists for instances like today, try not to lose my cool, and remain calm if/when I hit another snag.

SORRY FOR MY RANT...but having someplace to vent helps me get it off my chest, and actually calms me...so enough of that stuff-how about a funny??
Then pop on over to my PERSONAL BLOG and get ready to fall in the floor with laughter!! (Don't forget to browse through some of the comments, cause they ended up being as funny as the story...hehehe)

1 comment :

HG said...

Thanks for adding me to your list of cool blog sites :)
Heather
Scrappy Pony Designs