Wow...how did that happen?? Friday rushed right on by, and I was so busy I didn't have time to blog!! Guess I'm still trying to get settled in with my latest CT's. Fortunately, after Thursday's rant, I'm feeling much better. As a matter of fact, you could actually say I'm dancing on the clouds!! My worries over links to groups has been alleviated!! So, I've adjusted my text files regarding CT-Rules again, and all is right in my world.
Speaking of right...it's something that is NOT going on in my bathroom remodel. Seems when my mother had some minor repairs done close to 8 years ago through a HUD loan, they LIED to her when they told her that they disconnect the drain to my tub that led to the ditch that runs through my backyard, and connected it to the pipe that goes into the septic system. Last night, after taking a bath, I drained the water. With half the floor missing, I expected to hear the water flow through the pipes...but I didn't expect it to be so loud. So I leaned over to investigate...to discover water draining to NOTHING but the ground underneath my house!! I lost my cool!! It's been draining like this ALL OF THIS TIME!!
Let's go back in time a bit...around 8 years ago, my mother had gotten a HUD loan for repairs to this house. The list included updating electrical & plumbing, replacing floors, adding new roof, installing a vent for gas stove, replacing back porch and railings, and a few other odds and ends. What they did was very poor work...all of the electrical wires were attached on the OUTSIDE of the walls in tubes, instead of running it inside like NORMAL electricians. (Hubby has had to redo most of the rooms in the 6 1/2 years we've been here.) Plumbing...HA!! Hubby had to redo the kitchen sink within the first year of moving in. Since then he's redone the bathroom off of the office, and now facing my bathroom. We STILL do not have a vent for the gas stove...and what should have been a roof that lasted 15 years, hasn't even made it to 10!! We obviously know they didn't replace all of the flooring...or I wouldn't be having to rip out my bathroom flooring right now.
Thankfully, I have a hubby that knows how to do electrical, plumbing, and carpentry (above his mechanic work)...and is very handy with power tools!! I'm also thankful that I only have 2 1/2 more years to pay this loan off, and can wipe my hands of HUD!! If this is how they repair someone's house, then I really feel sorry for the elderly person that doesn't have someone to help or can't afford to pay someone to fix the damage that HUD contractors have or will make. HUD took advantage of my mother...how many more have they done it to??
Enough of that...this post wasn't suppose to be about another one of my rants...hehehe
If you are still reading, then I'm guessing you are wanting a freebie?? *giggles* Well then, here is what I've decided to do...for all of my loyal readers and friends, I'm offering...MY VINTAGE BATHROOM for free!! :D
**Sorry...link has now been removed**
4 comments :
Love it -- thanks. Peggy
These are great. Will look good with tub time shots of my kidsa or even me as a child. Thanks for sharing.
Hi,
I love your vintage bathroom kit. Unfortunately it wont let me get it. Could you please repost, or whatever it is you do???? I just love it.
Thank you so much!!
Nancy
Nan2u@aol.com
thank you SO much for this - I love it!! so glad I found your layout at SA... LOL... thanks again :)
Post a Comment