Friday, August 3, 2007

Born To Be Wild...

Yup...that's right!! My Rock-N-Roll, inner Diva came out tonight!! Kat & I headed to Alabama Adventure Theme Park for their Friday Night Concert Series...the ONE CONCERT that I've been waiting for...JOHN KAY & STEPPENWOLF!! After 40 years of touring, producing albums, and making awesome music...this is their last tour, so I was SO EXCITED that they were coming to Alabama!!

For nearly 3 hours, I danced my heart out, screamed, and sang with every song!! And you wouldn't BELIEVE the awesome seats we had...4th row just to the right of center stage...OMGosh!! The minute they came out on stage, everyone stood up and started screaming...but halfway through the first song most everyone sat down and did nothing...so with me being the only one still dancing, screaming and singing my heart out, I kind of felt like the weird one out...most everyone in the center section was up and dancing and screaming with me, but everyone in my section were quiet, and looked annoyed. Oh well...maybe they were up past their bedtimes....ROFL!!

So anywhoos...Kat took off since she considered it "Old People's Music" and left me to enjoy the concert...and enjoy it I did!! Everytime Danny Johnson did a guitar solo or some fabulous moves he would look out in my direction and I'd scream!! It was kind of sad...since all the folks behind me just sat there, but no worries...the center section was screaming right along with me!!

Though they put on a FABULOUS concert, I think the best moment was right before the concert ended, cause OF COURSE they played "MAGIC CARPET RIDE" & "BORN TO BE WILD". Kat made it back just in time for the last two songs and started gathering our things thinking it was over...but OH NO!! No one was leaving, and everyone was screaming and hitting the back of the benches...and just when ya thought they weren't coming back out for an encore, THEY DID!! They finished the night with "THE PUSHER"!!

Now that I'm back home, I can't hear anything, I can't talk, and my calves are in pain from all of the jumping, dancing and standing that I did for nearly 3 hours...but you won't hear one complaint from me....NO NO NO...it was SO WORTH IT!!

No comments :