Two days ago, I went to see a friend that was visiting from Texas and learned that a friend of her family had 5 Miniature Dachshund puppies they were giving away FOR FREE. I took one look at the one her family had chosen, fell in love and told them to tell the family friend I wanted one too. I came home, asked hubby what he thought about adding to our family, but was told no.
The next day was Halloween, hubby went on to work, and I received a call from my friend that she had a surprise for me. I told her what hubby had said about the puppy, but still wanted to see it. The moment I got there and saw those gorgeous eyes...I COULDN'T SAY NO!! He was just too adorable.
Because we got him on Halloween, my daughter and I had to think of an awesome name...so we chose Jack Skellington and nicknamed him Jack-Jack. Unfortunately, we were SO UNPREPARED for the new addition, that me, my daughter and Jack-Jack went on a 5 hour shopping spree to get him everything he would need to be comfortable.
I was afraid that hubby wouldn't like having Jack-Jack, but as soon as he got home from work and sat on the couch, he had Jack-Jack lying on his chest taking a nap!! *giggles* It was too precious. Sadly, I forgot how much work puppies are...especially when they wake up every hour wanting attention. It was also the first time he was away from his mommy, the first time surrounded by new animals and family, and the first time he was placed in a crate to sleep for the night. It didn't go well...thank goodness I know how to function on very little sleep!! LOL
3 comments :
He is cute. :) Cool that you got him for free! :)
Omigosh! Jack is adorable Jay and I wouldn't have been able to resist him either - No matter how many NO's I heard! LOL! Have fun with your new family member!
Hugs from Idgie
Ahhh can I hold him? *giggle* I would love to have another puppy, but we have enough dogs in our house right now. Course even if my SIL's two wern't here, I wouldn't really want to go up to 3 dogs. But I do adore puppies! And Doxie's are the best!!!! Congrats on your new baby!
Post a Comment