Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Time For Family...

For the past few years, the first Saturday of November has found my daughter and I traveling I-65 north to the annual MeHurg Family Reunion, located in Holly Pond, Alabama. Yesterday was no exception. Though we had a 30 minute late start, dealt with road construction, stopped for gas once, and made a potty break for my daughter and Jack-Jack, we managed to make it on time!! *WHEW*

It's an odd story of how I learned of that branch of my family. About 5 years ago, while searching genealogy chat rooms, I came across a man named Darryl asking about two women. (Mary Jane MeHurg & Mary Judson Burns Herring...my great-great-grandmother and my great-grandmother!!) He was writing a genealogy book about the MeHurg family and was needing TONS of info. I was able to supply him with names, births & deaths, marriages, and even some documentations. I'm thrilled that I have more family members, but sad that my Mom passed away two years before I met Darryl.

Click HERE for photos

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

How awesome!... What a cool way to meet more of your family!!! ... I didn't even know there was genology chat rooms! *lol*

Hugs!
Julie