Since dealing with last weekend's nightmare, my designing has hit a road block. Though I have went on a shopping spree of commercial use items, began the tedious task of scanning and repairing images from a 1907 book, and browsed store after store to see trends and what others are designing...I'm coming up with NOTHING.
Last night I sat staring at my screen for 2 hours...yes 2 hours while my arms hung limply at my side. PSP was open and ready to accept my commands, and yet I couldn't even press a button. What is wrong with me? Have I run out of ideas so quickly? Will my designing end up like all of my past adventures...going great for a few months until I hit a block, only to abandon it and pick up a new adventure and then repeat the entire process?
A thought just occurred...during the time that my creations were flying off the top of my head was when I was suffering from a long bout with insomnia. How odd that at a time I couldn't sleep, I could create...and now that I'm getting 8-9 hours of good rest each night my inspiration has fled me. Does my muse only help duing a lack-of-sleep induced haze? If so, then I fear I'm in trouble...I'm now comatosed by 10pm and up the next day by 7am!!
If my muse is on an extended holiday, or even decides never to return, how will this effect my designs? How will it effect my store? How will it effect the members of my CT? *reaching up to pull hair out---ouch!!* Guess I will have to wait and see. Until then, I'm off for the day to take photos of flowers at the local gardens in the hopes that a spark will ignite, turn into an inferno and blow-up this brick wall in my brain!!
1 comment :
Hope you get past your creator's block soon!
Hugs!
Post a Comment