Kat, her friend Asa & I headed out at 9am to catch the Hueytown (AL) Christmas Parade. Because we arrived early, we found a close parking spot, grabbed a "to-go" breakfast from McDonald's, set up our chairs and waited for the parade to begin. Here are a few of my fav photos...
SATURDAY AFTERNOON:
Once the parade was over, we headed home to drop off our parade goodies, then were off ot Hoover (AL) to visit Aldridge Gardens and Hoover Park before picking up OS at work, and dropping Kat & Asa at the church for an evening of Teen/Youth Christmas Caroling.
SATURDAY EVENING:
Hubby got home around 4pm...just enough time to grab a bite to eat and change his clothes for the two of us to drive out to Tuscaloosa (AL) to see Tuscaloosa Christmas Afloat @ Black Warrior River. Though we were 20 minutes late, it started to rain AND we missed the fireworks...we still got to see all of the boats on their return trip up the river and I was able to get some great photos!!
Was so exhausted by the time we got home, I passed out!!
SUNDAY:
Hubby and I took a trip to Leeds (AL) to pick up a white daybed that I found on FreeCycle. The mattress will need to be replaced, but the frame is perfect!!
After the Sunday night church service, I had to drive out towards Bankhead Lake (near Alliance, Alabama) to take Asa home. By the time I made the 2 hour round trip, it was nearly 11pm...another exhausting day leaving me to pass out the minute my head hit the pillow.
MONDAY:
I got up early to pick up my friend Tiff and her two boys (J & K) near Caffee Junction (AL). The entire afternoon was spent in my den snapping photos, cooking/eating, and laughing at something cute the boys were doing.
Now I'm off to catch up on blogs, sort through email, and try to find some ME TIME to relax after such an exciting weekend!!
No comments :
Post a Comment