Friday, December 28, 2007

PC STRESS, Day 8 And Other Stuff...

I'm SO STRESSED right now...as it could only happen to me!! For the past couple of weeks, my precious fur-babies have been playing around my desk and running through the power cords causing my laptop to take a fall to the floor. I've implemented more precautions to keep this from happening in the future...and yet...my own stupidity was to be my demise!!

Last night, I was lounging on the sofa with my laptop. The phone rang, I misjudged and my laptop slid off my lap and on to the floor. I seriously thought I had broken the screen off...it's loose but still adjustable. The main problems I notice is at the right corner...the bottom of the laptop is now separated from the laptop keypad, and one of the USB ports is now smooshed in. ARGH!! So looks like I'll be taking a trip to get it repaired/replaced the first of next week.

Unfortunately, THAT MEANS that I will be without a pc for possibly 2weeks or longer. Hubby will probably let me use his to check email and such, but I won't be able to use any of my graphics programs!! *cries* Guess I will have to find something else to occupy my time. (Maybe I can finally finish cleaning out my closets...lol) The good thing is I'm still under a 4 year warranty and it will be at no cost to me!! YAY!!

I completed Day 8 of the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose at Divine Digital. This day we had to scrap about SOLITUDE and what it means to us.


JOURNALING READS:
Being a homeschooling SAHM with a ton of fur-babies, it's hard for me to find alone time, let alone experience solitude. On the rare occasion that I can steal a few minutes to myself, I try to take in the beauty that is around me. Just recently, I discovered Aldridge Gardens and fell in love. It's quiet and peaceful atmosphere enables me to reflect on my life and the beauty that nature has to offer. Every time that I step through the gates it's like I've stepped into a painting created by God.

CREDITS:
Upper Background - Sanctuary Papers by Kathryn Balint
Lower Background - Artisan Papers by Kathryn Balint
Curled Edge - Eclectic Paper Curl Templates by Laura Burger
Grass, Cattails, Ferns, Plants - Inspired By Nature by Ingrid Scrap Designs
Tree Doodle by Ingrid Scrap Designs
Cat - Summer Reading by Carol Baumann
Faerie from Outlaw By Design
Faerie by Anita Lee Creations
Font: Jerry's handwriting

This next layout was created "JUST BECAUSE". I took this photo of Jack-Jack a couple of weeks ago and wanted to do something something special with it.



FULL CREDITS:
Holly Jolly Santa by Kathryn Balint
Ephemerals by Jofia Devoe
Bendy Frames by Maria LaFrance
Vintage Christmas by Crafty Accents
Snow Is Glistening by Joanna Cinnamon (MyDigitalAddiction)
A Christmas Poem by IKScraps

Now I'm off to start transferring and making back-up files of everything on my laptop....

1 comment :

Ahmed Al-Sabbagh said...

Happy New Year

Wish you all the best in the upcoming year

thanks,


Ahmed
Cairo, Egypt