For the past few days I've been finding a lot of great items on FreeCycle, but it had been a while since I had listed anything...so thought it would be a good time to start cleaning out my closets. As of last night I have removed 4 LG garbage bags (to overflowing) filled with clothes. 3 bgs were from my closet, ranging in size 14's to 16's. Most of them were work/office, but also got rid of a few church dresses, and some great jeans that haven't hugged my hips in years. *cries*
At first, it was painful...it was like parting with a child. Each item of clothing held memories and I didn't want to give them up...but after a couple of hours of just forcing myself through the emotions, it actually felt very freeing!! So much so, that I've made a plan to go through every room in the house and start getting rid of items I don't use, haven't seen the light of day in years, or is just taking up space. Hoping to have it all sorted before the New Year!!
Now one could argue that if these items are in such good shape, why donate them?? Why not list them on e-bay or have a yard sale. WELL...it would bring in some much needed income. However...the point is to get rid of it quickly, and if I hold on to it long enough to list each item, or to organize a yard sale...these things would still be in my home taking up space somewhere besides my closets. ROFL
My double closet in my bedroom looked very bare this morning...holding only 1/6 of the original contents. My chest of drawers are now organized with each of the 5 drawers half empty. I even sorted through my shoes!! I'm happy to say I removed 35 pairs of heels, boots, sandals & flats...and kept only 5 pair. (I know...what was I thinking?? I can no longer work, and with my arthritus, it's hard to wear all of those boots and heels. Besides, why did I NEED all of them when some of them never had the tags removed??)
*Edited to remove link*
2 comments :
TY so very much for these FAB frames!!!!
Can I have some of your energy to do that to my house? LOL
Thank you so much.
Lots of luv
chris
Post a Comment