Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Christmas Meme!!

Found this on my friend Dorid's Blog and just had to give it a go!!
And of course, I'm tired from cleaning out closets and needed something to take my mind off of it for a little while. *giggles*

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both, because I like variety under the tree.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, because I'd probably kill a real one within 2 days!!

3. When do you put up the tree?
As a child, we would start putting up decorations Thanksgiving night, but now I start November 1st!!


4. When do you take the tree down?
As a child, we would keep it up until New Year's Day...but now I take everything down the day after Christmas.

5. Do you like egg nog?
LOVE IT!! (Non-alcoholic version only)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My Barbie Townhouse. It had 3 floors and an elavator.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. For years, it would sit beneath the tree...but now I place it on the hearth of my fireplace.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My oldest son. He never asks or wants anything

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter, Kat.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail for those I have home addys, and email for those that would prefer not to give it to me. *giggles*

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
One year I received a gift basket with scented soaps that smelled like moth balls. I threw away the soaps and kept the basket!! :D

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I have so many, that it's hard to pick just one.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I try to pick up items throughout the year, but there are a few pressies I have to wait til December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Recycled? As in "regifting"? Yes, but only in case of an emergency and forgot someone.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas morning is the only time I make my "Christmas Bread". (Bread stuffed to overflowing with sausage and cheese and baked in the oven...something the entire family looks forward to year after year.)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Once upon a time, I would do nothing but colored lights...but now I prefer clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
My Grownup Christmas List

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Do ya want me to recite them forwards or backwards?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Normally, I would put an angel...but since she's too tall, she is now standing beside the tree, and there is an enormous blue and silver bow on top of tree instead.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
As a child, I would get to unwrap one present Christmas Eve night, and then everything else was unwrapped after my brother and I sorted through what Santa left us. Now we open all of the gifts Christmas Eve night...that way we can sleep late Christmas morning, and have a late breakfast.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Crazy people at the mall.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My winter wonderland theme in my den.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
got to have a honey glazed ham!!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Let's see...another external HD, a new craft/office desk, and some new clothes now that my closets are empty.

26. What was the one Christmas gift you wanted as a child but never received?
A real cabbage patch kid. Instead, I got a "homemade" version...but still loved it because it was made by a family friend!!

27. Who are you tagging?
Anyone that reads through all of my answers...lol

No comments :