Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Losing Time...

Eeegads!! It's been 3 1/2 weeks since my last post here and I find myself feeling deeply ashamed. Not only because I haven't scrapped much, but because I haven't posted about what is going on in my life!! *sigh* So, let me see if I can give updates without putting you to sleep with boring details...lol

Hubby & I went on an all expense paid vacation to Marco Island, Florida with hubby's best friend and his girlfriend. Won't go into details, but hubby and I came home after a week instead of almost 2 due to unforeseen complications between me and the best friend's girlfriend. *eyebrow raised* Did take lots of pics though, during the more pleasanter times and even managed to scrap most of them. (Will share in a future post...here is a photo of me and hubby on our first night there.)

Not sure if the Spring Cleaning Bug hit me or I found myself so bored that I began looking for things to keep me occupied...but I actually CLEANED my house. NO...I'm not talking just the regular, run of the mill cleaning. I'm talking MAJOR PURGING here. Hubby's sister and her fiance' came for a surprise visit a couple of weeks ago. Stayed for nearly a week. While here, they helped hubby get motivated enough to clean off our back porch, do some major yard work...and that led me to do the major cleaning indoors. It's been 3 weeks and since then I've purged/cleaned & redecorated my den, my kitchen & turned my unused dining room into a livingroom/office for me!!

Didn't realize how much of a pack rat hubby & I were until I started donated all of this stuff to the local thrift store. So far, I've removed 8 pair of curtains, 1 box of kitchen utensils, 8 boxes of country decor, 4 boxes of kitchen chef decor, 15 pictures, 60+ salt & pepper shakers (collection started with my mother) 2 chairs, 1 coffee table, 2 end tables, 1 lamp, 3 decorative glass bowls, 4 candles, 5 complete sets of plates, bowls, coffee cups, 2 sets of cannisters and the list goes on and on!!

While hubby's sister and her fiance' were here, OS, hubby & I got tattoos. (I'll take a brief pause while you pick your mouths off the floor)......................................

SIL's fiance' owns his own tattoo shop and brought a lot of his equipment with him since he was already planning on giving hubby a tat. The last 3 nights they were here, we ended up having a tattoo party. OS invited all of his friends and everyone sat around and watched as OS got his first tat. (Something OS designed himself) Bless his heart, took 3 hours because he passed out a couple of times due to lack of food for much of the day, and the fact he kept holding his breath from the pain he said he was feeling.

I received my tat the following day around lunchtime...I chose one of his original black & gray scale faeries, but tweaked it and had him add color. For the most part, it felt like someone had taken a ball point pen and was drawing really hard on my back. It was only when he was doing the tip of the wing and the water it felt like someone sticking me with a needle.


Hubby got his later that night...because he took ALL DAY combining the Elliott Clan Crest & the tartan colors. Afterwards, he gave Kudos to OS for being able to stand the pain on his chest, because where he received his on his forearm, he said it felt like someone was taking razor blades across his arm. EEEK!!




OS just celebrated his 21st b'day!! Hubby and I hosted the party. At final count there were 15 guests not including our family...and yes...each of them were getting plenty intoxicated. The rules were if they planned on drinking they had to give me their keys upon arrival, stay the night and then get keys back the next morning. For the most part, everyone stayed on the back porch and kept the mess to a minimum. Only once did I have to put my foot down and make a group leave due to it being 3am, beer long gone, OS off to bed and this group wanted to continue the party until dawn. Sorry, but my tired butt was heading to bed and I wasn't leaving anyone unattended. They left, those that had made plans to stay went to bed, and I locked up. (Will share photos once I get them uploaded.)


I'm sure I've forgotten something among all of this...but that's how it goes when you go so long without blogging. OOOPS!!

1 comment :

Idgie said...

WHOA Girl! I Am Impressed! A TAT - You Have More You Know What's Than I Do...LOL! Even Had a Personalized Design Picked Out, But Decided Against It! Your Fairy is Beautiful. So Glad to See a Post from You Finally - Sounds Like You Have Been Busy - Hope it's Not Contagious...LOL! Love the Shadowy Pic of You and Your DH. Looking Forward to Your Scraps!
Hugs From Idgie