...only this time it was heartbreaking!!
Woke up late today and decided that I was going to take a break from my kitchen for the day, due to a few stiff muscles. So the remainder of the morning was spent lounging and catching up on some blog reading and sorting email
Close to lunchtime I rambled through the kitchen & found some elbow noodles, hamburger meat & frozen spaghetti sauce. Thawed the sauce and went to the back porch to ramble through my chest freezer to find a veggie or two to go with it and had my heart drop to my feet. $400 worth of groceries ruined!! I'd love to say that it was caused from a faulty freezer...cause then it wouldn't hurt so bad. Someone had unplugged the freezer...*sigh* Hubby swears that 2 weeks ago when he unplugged it to rescue a few kittens under it that he replugged it. (Somehow I'm thinking he plugged the wrong thing and didn't realize it...since I found an extension cord plugged instead of the freezer...but then again it could have been anyone.) Took me 20 minutes to throw everything in the outside garbage cans. I wanted to cry as each item was tossed. By the time I was finished, both cans were SO FULL that I had to have hubby drag them to the road for tomorrow's pick-up.
Once everything was removed, I was left with a foot of water across the bottom of the freezer. Since it was so hot outside, and the smell nearly knocked me over, I've decided to wait until tonight when it's cooler to drain and clean it. (NOT something I'm looking forward to...trust me!)
No comments :
Post a Comment