To finish my kitchen!! *giggles* Though lately, I've felt my mind slipping to the point of another type of commitment...but we won't get into that here right now, God will work out everything in the end.
Yesterday I decided it was time to take the plunge and just get on with it...so I climbed a ladder, began taking items off of the tops of the cabinets and started tearing down wall paper. Of course, it was a slow, tedious process...not the tearing down wall paper, but the removal of items off of the tops of the cabinets. Not to mention really GROSS!! Some of these items had not been touched since I'd placed them in their spots 5-6 years ago. And since we have a gas stove and heat our home in the winter with gas, a really nasty brown film covered each item to the point I had to pry it out of my hands before I could set them down in the sink to be washed. So much of the day was spent WASHING everything. (HOLY COW...I still have some purging to do...lol)
Took a break late afternoon due to OS calling to say GF locked his keys in his car. He was NOT happy. LOL So hubby grabbed his slim jim set and we took off. (Poor hubby is losing his touch, what used to take him 90 seconds took him nearly half an hour.) Of course, some minor damaged occured to the rubber seal around the door frame, so we stopped by Wal*Mart on the way home so hubby could fix it at a later time. While there, I also picked up some more cleaning supplies and a 6-in-1 tool to help me scrape wall paper and gunk off of the tops of the cabinets.
Got back home and popped a couple of pizzas in the over. Had planned on calling it quits for the day, but then my friend Beth came over and motivated me to climb up the ladder again. I peeled paper as she kept the floor clean as bits and pieces fell. An hour later she went back home with the promise to be back over sometime this weekend to help.
OH...and Kat will be gone all weekend. After she got off of work yesterday, she went home with one of her bosses, that is also her drama teacher at church. the entire drama team has been asked to perform at a church...uhmmm...for the life of me I can't remember where. I'm thinking Jasper, but don't quote me on it cause that might not be it. ROFL!!
Anywhoos...I'm off to to tackle gross, brown, layered gunk on top of cabinets today. And don't fear...I'm taking plenty of photos as I'm trudging along. Will upload them sometime this weekend when I have the time.
Off to get dirty...
No comments :
Post a Comment