Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ten Thought Tuesday 7/22/08

1. I haven't inhaled, sniffed or stuck it up my nose...so why am I'm seeing white paint when I blow my nose?

2. CCM's blog today about "HOME" hit me hard...it made me realize that my home is now finally starting to feel like MINE. Took me nearly 8 years to to get the motivation I needed to purge away many of my Mother's things...but I did it and it feels good. I may not live here for the rest of my life, but while I do, it's nice knowing that it feels like "HOME" and it belongs to me.

3. Hubby has hit a snag with the truck he is working on. The engine we picked up isn't a match. The owner now wants hubby just to repair old engine. (Unfortunately, the type of work needed on it to repair it requires the use of a garage and power tools that hubby just doesn't have available to him.) The owner won't take no for an answer, and made it very clear with the 25 calls he made to us yesterday.

4. Learning that Kat has a younger (9yo) sister named Bethany this past weekend has put our family through a wild, emotional roller coaster. However, we've been talking in great lengths to Bethany's mom Becky, and are now very excited to meet them. Kat has always wanted a sister and is now looking forward to playing the part. *giggles*

5. Hubby has surprised me lately. Unexpected smiles, laughter & goofing around. Whatever the cause, I'm hoping it continues. (I've missed this side of him for too long now.)

6. I've purged my clothes 3 times this summer, yet why does it seem I have more than what I started with? I think it's time to go through my closets and drawers again and remove more stuff.

7. Speaking of clothes, with the kids being gone all day long, how is it I end up still doing 2 loads of laundry a day?

8. I caved last night and gave Kat and GF part of their Christmas present. I couldn't help myself!! I was so excited in the arrival that I wanted to share it. I gave GF a pair of star shaped earrings encrusted in Austrian crystal Aurora Borealis stone. Kat received a stretch bracelet of semi-precious stones with two angel wing charms
embellished with Austrian crystal Aurora Borealis stones. On the back of the wings are the words "Paradise" & "Hope". Both of the girls loved their gifts and I just loved the look of happiness on their faces.

9. Have I mentioned how much I love my hubby lately? Not only did he cut the grass for me this weekend, but even cleaned out the freezer on the back porch!! Thank goodness for that too, the smell was so bad it made me gag just thinking about it.

10. A clean freezer reminds me that I need to make a run to the store for groceries!!

No comments :