Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Organizing Meals...

I've finally taken the initiative to organize my food!! (Meal planning, that is...) The hardest part was trying to figure out what would work for our family and budget Not only was I able to come up with the meals and went shopping, (Under $60 since I had several items already in my pantry) but am now in the middle of an OAWC day. (Once A Week Cooking Day...cooking the meat, assembling the casseroles and placing in the freezer.) Will definitely save me time and money in the long run, and how cool is it not to have a messy kitchen each day?

This week I chose to work with hamburger meat because I found 5lbs for under $10 a roll. However, each week will be different, depending what's on sale that I find in bulk. It is my goal, that after a while, I will have enough variety of meats, poultry & fish back in my freezer so that we won't be left having the same TYPE of meat every night of a given week. Until then, this will have to do...

Off to see if I have enough casserole dishes and/or freezer bags to hold all of this food. *giggles*

No comments :