Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thrusday


Template: My Boy Template by Michelle Filo; Backgrounds: LM_Grunge, RB_ThistleLite; Butterfly: Flutterbys by Jen Ulasiewicz; Doodle: Seeing Stars by Heidi Williams of Weeds & Wildflowers; Fence & Shells: Down By The Sea by jen Ulasiewicz; Sand: Day At The Beach by Kathryn Balint; FONTS: VanRose, Eye Catching


1. I'm thankful that I have so many things that I can afford to donate to the thrift store.


2. I'm thankful that it's almost the weekend.

3. I'm thankful that I have a family that puts up with all of my decorating ideas.

4. I'm also thankful that I have a family that can LIVE THROUGH all of my decorating ideas since most of them takes months to complete.

5. I'm thankful I've learned to hold my tongue when dealing with rude bill collectors when the mistake was on their part. (Ok, this one needs some explanation. Received a very NASTY collection notice in the mail in my mother's name. She's been deceased for nearly 8 years. I call bill collection agency and explain that my mother died 8 years ago, I went in to the agency with a death certificate, and I was told at time the debt was then null and void to there being an insurance policy on the account and asked kindly why, after 8 years, were they sending nasty notes to my home reguarding something that was already taken care of. Woman gets nasty with me on the phone and says rudely, "Obviously someone has made a mistake typing out a number, the account was closed and I'm not going to sit here on the phone and argue this with you." She then hung up on me.)

6. I'm thankful that I kept hubby from calling back to explode on the woman.

7. I'm thankful that I was able to cook dinner for the next few days last night. (Technically, it was done this morning at 2am. The kitchen gets to hot to cook during the day, so have found it much easier on me to do the cooking in the early hours of the morning since I'm already awake.)

8. I'm thankful that Kat had an understanding boss today when she had to call in sick to work due to a migraine. (poor thing, she spent most of the day in bed with the room in complete darkness.)

9. I'm thankful that I've not dealt with my own migraines in a couple of months.

10. I'm thankful I made it to ten things today...

No comments :