I managed to finish the inside and outside of the cabinets above the stove and have begun the lower cabinets and drawers to the left of the stove. I've also organized all of the items in each of the upper cabinets that are finished. On the lower cabinets and drawers I'm working on now, I'm planning on removing both of the doors, painting the insides, and then using deep, fabric lined baskets to hold cook books, small appliances and other odds and ends that we don't use each day. The pots, pans & skillets that are now in the lower cabinets will be moved to the lower cabinets on the other side of the sink that was originally our canned good pantry. The canned goods have now all been moved to the cabinets above the stove. Seems chaotic, but there really IS a method to my creative madness.
OS got a flat tire Thursday morning and had to replace it with his tiny doughnut. Unfortunately, the flat tire was leaking around an area that had already been plugged once, so he needed to purchase new tires. *sigh*
Friday, I borrowed Deaner Neaner's truck and followed OS to work so I could cash his paycheck, give him enough cash to purchase 2 new tires for the front of his car, and then use the rest to pay bills. Between what was left of his check, $200 I had held on to from Kat's check last week, and the child support check that came in Wednesday, I was able to pay lights, cable, car insurance & phone and still had enough left for groceries. (WHOO HOOO)
This morning found me getting up extremely early to drop off Kat at the church to meet with her drama team, Committed. (They are heading to Hamilton, Alabama today with the Hydrate Tour.) Afterwards, I ran in Wal*Mart to pick up all of the groceries I would need for the next 2 weeks worth of meals. Y'all AIN'T gonna believe this!! I only spent $100.00 on EVERYTHING!! (I'll list meals and grocery list in the next blog...)
I completed 2 more scrap pages...but again, I'll list photos and info in a future blog.
One final thing...last night I had the HOLY BEEJEEBEEZ scared outta me. It's roughly 9pm and I'm in my bedroom watching a movie while hubby was in the office. (OS & Kat weren't home at this time...) All of a sudden, I hear a loud BOOOOM, the entire house shook and then I heard a smaller boom which again, shook the house. I hit the door running towards the kitchen about the same time hubby did. We made sure each other was OK and not the cause of the noises. He grabs a flashlight and heads to the backyard, I run to the front. I found the cause first and screamed HOY MOTHER OF GOD!! Hubby comes running to the driveway and looks at the mess. 2 limbs fell off of the dead tree in front of our house and landed where OS usually parks his car. The tips of the limbs missed the corner of our house by just a couple of feet. (We got lucky...but I'm afraid if that tree doesn't come down soon, it may end up falling down the middle of our house next time.)
At this very moment, hubby is at next door neighbor's house trying to borrow a chain saw so we can cut this beast into smaller pieces to drag it to the road. (Anybody need free firewood?)
No comments :
Post a Comment