
I still sit in shock and unbelief...
The tears still flow down my face...
My stomach still turns to knots...
I was suppose to be at work at 10am, so had my alarm set for 7:45am that way I had plenty of time to enjoy a cup of coffee, get dressed and spend a few moments with hubby before I headed to the Credit Union Service Center. The alarm went off and I thought I'd just lie in bed for a couple of minutes and enjoy the peace and quiet...but then I heard hubby scream to turn on the TV as he ran to our bedroom. I sat up, grabbed the remote and sat in shock as they replayed the scene of the first plane hitting the tower. I reached for hubby and he held me as my tears shook through my body.
Coffee was forgotten as my eyes stayed glued to the TV screen. Then the unthinkable happened...the 2nd plane hit the tower. I was standing at the foot of my bed, trying to get dressed...I fell to my knees as my stomach turned to knots. I don't know how long I sat that way staring at the TV...I don't remember hubby leaving the room. I finished getting dressed and walked to the den to watch with the family. I knew there was no way I could drive due to the shock I was in, so I called my boss and told her I was going to be late...I needed to calm down before I could get behind the wheel. She could barely talk through her tears, but said she understood and to take my time. It was just a few minutes after I hung up the phone that the first tower fell.
OH MY GOD!! That phrase was repeated over and over by my family...
11:30am, I finally made it to work... none of us had smiles that day as we waited on members with our tears flowing... but then I don't think the members noticed as they were dealing with their own.
No comments :
Post a Comment