Thursday, September 25, 2008

Proud Momma Of College Boy!!

It's official!! YS moved on campus yesterday and his first day of college begins this Monday!! He's filled with many emotions...excitement, nervousness. He's really scared that he's going to mess up if he doesn't pay close attention to things (like he did last summer flying here when he accidentally overlooked a Chinese throwing star in the bottom of his luggage and tried to board the plane with it) He's asking for lots of prayers.

We've been corresponding daily through MySpace for the past week about his fears. I told him that I had faith in him to do this and succeed. I even told him that I was so very proud of him for what he's accomplished. He said it was music to his ears to know someone was proud of him...then said his Dad says he is, but he doesn't show it. (THAT brought tears to MY eyes.)

My little boy has come so far from the severe ADHD 3 year old toddler that literally ran through the house 90mph and would slam into the walls just to stop himself...the contant picking at his eyebrows until he barely had any left...the odd fascination with watching things burn...the holy terror that would wake in the middle of the night and cut through evey piece of fabric with a pair of scissors...the too many to count behavioral problems that would result in suspensions, stay after school sessions, and numerous priviledges taken away. It was a long uphill road of doctor visits, psycology visits, psychiatry visits, and several meds only to learn they weren't right for him. The exhausting battle of adjusting his diet to remove all MSG's, all preservatives, all red food dyes, and high sugary contents. Then leading to the decision to homeschool. It was the biggest blessing for our family.

Today my heart is swelling with so much pride that it's about to burst outta my chest!! I think it very fitting that THIS is what I'm thankful for today.

No comments :