Sunday, January 4, 2009

And The Race Begins...

Friday night, at 10pm EST, there was a Kick Off Chat and free gift for those that attended. I made it just in time to receive this cute kit by Theresa Hernandez...



Late Saturday evening, I stalked the NDISB forum, blog and the host sites for some type of clue for the first challenge...just 6 minutes past midnight EST someone spotted the challenge and posted it in the forum and the race was on...
FIRST CHALLENGE FROM HUMMIE http://www.hummiesworld.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2353 My challenge for you is to:
  1. Rip and tear a photo into three or more pieces! (that's a photo, not papers!)
  2. Use journaling on your layout (something I stress is SO important).
That's it! Anything else goes! You can have more than three tears. You can have more than one photo on your layout. You can have a lot or a few elements. You can use any theme. Just get a memory preserved as that is what scrapping is all about. You can use any method to rip your photos. You can use any products from anywhere to rip your photos. However, I do have some tutorials available as shown below. Let's all help each other learn.

The prize for completing the challenge:

At 12:15am EST I contacted my partner and we began our scrap pages. At 2:28am EST she completed hers and sent me a preview...


At 4:45am EST I finally completed mine and began the uploading process...



FULL CREDITS:
Paper Tears from Hummie
Stitches from Shabby Little Christmas Daily Download by Snap and Scrap Collab
Paper from Traditions by Princess Lala Designs
Paper from Impressions Paper Pack by Cen's Stuff
Gold branch from In The Gold Mine by WaterLO Project
Greenery from Under The Xmas Tree by WaterLO Project
Christmas Wordart by Sue Cummings
Tree from W&W CC Traditions by Weeds & Wildflowers
Stars from W&W CC Chalk Sampler by Weeds & Wildflowers
Swirl Cluster from W&W CC Jolly Holiday Mess Sampler by Weeds & Wildflowers
Font: Tall Paul

Journaling: This is a Christmas I will never forget...it was the first time
in three years that y'all were able to celebrate the holidays together.
I don't know how long it will be before y'all can get together again,
so I pray that the memories that were created will last you until then.

No comments :