After that, I propped myself up with seven pillows and for the next three hours I designed a scrapbook layout to keep from going back to sleep...
Kit: Secret Garden CollaborationDesigners-
Lily Designs:
http://www.afterfivedesigns.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=196&cat=0&page=1
Sussie M Designs:
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=23005&cat=0&page=1
I also had company during my hours of sleep deprivation...my ADSR4 partner in crime.
We discussed the race, my health, inspiring layouts, scrap freebies...up until the point a had another coughing fit that caused severe muscle spasms in my upper body and I HAD to lie down to rest.Against my wishes, my body betrayed me and fell asleep...for 4 1/2 hours. I woke up drowning in phlegm. This time the coughing/gagging was so bad that I had to get into a tub of near scalding hot water to ease ALL (head to toe) of my muscles...I told Tommy he had to take me to Emergency Care Clinic for me to get some rest!!
Doc listened to my lungs and took chest x-rays...but just as I thought, my lungs were clear, but due to all of the damage I had previously caused my lungs with my smoking for years, doc said most of the breathing problems could be contributed to THAT. However, she did detect a tiny area just above my left lung that looked like the beginnings of an infection. YEAH...ALL THE PHLEGM I CAN'T PURGE. We discussed meds I had been prescribed two weeks ago and otc meds I had taken, and my blood pressure being sky high. She gave me a breathing treatment, 2 shots-an antibiotic & a steroid (one shot per cheek... OUCH!!) And then prescribed me an antibiotic, a steriod, new BP meds, an inhaler and a stronger cough medicine. (And I was warned to stay away from Primatene Mist Inhalers from now on cause they can cause an elevation in BP...she's the first to ever tell me that bit of info.)
We left the office, picked up Kat and Matt from home and dropped Matt at work. Drove two blocks and dropped off library books...then to Golden Coral for a late lunch since my stomach was growling very loudly. Dropped scripts at Walmart and went across the street to the CU service center to deposit money into hubby's checking account. Back across the street to pick up scripts, only to learn they didn't have the cough medicine.
We stopped by Walgreens but they were also out. Instead of me wasting gas driving all over the place to find it...the pharmacist made TWELVE phone calls to every pramacist within a 10 mile radius. We had to drive out to Helena to pick it up...15 minutes out of our way, but worth it considering I took it when we got home at 5:30pm and feel TONS better. (Well not TONS...my bottom is still a tad tender. *snickers*)
1 comment :
great post as always! Fabulous layout - that girl gets prettier each time i see her! Glad you're on the mend *hugs and stuff* xx
Post a Comment