Last night, I finally got 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep...but when I woke this morning my body went through excruciating hell trying to purge all of phlegm that developed in that time. I couldn't get enough breath to cough...then when I did, I gagged and threw-up. (Sorry...TMI...but this has been my daily routine of coughing, gagging, puking up phlegm for over a week now.)
You would think that as much as I've coughed up, I should be getting better, but it feels like I'm just getting worse. As long as I'm awake and cough at least once a minute to get rid of little bitty stuffs, I feel great. I can breathe and I don't hurt. The minute I doze off though, I wake gasping for breath and then my "routine" kicks in for the following hour until I can get back to the once a minute of little bitty stuffs again. Unfortunately...this is taking it's toll on my body and the muscle spasms in my upper arms are a constant thing now. Tommy has now started rubbing my arms to help ease some of the pain.
I've strained so much that my eyes have been completely blood shot for three days and there are tiny blood vessels that have come to the surface in my face. (I now refuse to look in the mirror cause it makes me cry seeing all of it.) My headache only goes away when I'm sleeping.
My voice comes and goes, depending on the time of day and the amount of phlegm. My throat is still very raw and bleeds right after I wake up and start coughing/purging. I thought the meds, that I was given, were suppose to help me...why does it feel like they are killing me instead?
This feels worse than when I nearly died with pneumonia three years ago...
No comments :
Post a Comment