Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday...01/15/09

1. I'm thankful that I'm finally over whatever sickness I had, and feeling my normal self again.

2. I'm thankful that we have heat...last night it went to 27° F, today's high was only 39° F, tonight it's going to 10° F!!

3. I'm thankful I have a hubby that takes measures to keep our pipes from freezing/bursting. He spent an hour last night rebuilding the structure around the water pump and regulator and then installed a heating lamp while I made sure all faucets were dripping and cabinets doors were open beneath the sinks.

4. I'm thankful I made the shocking discovery of MY FAVORITE TREE being a pecan tree yesterday!! In the 15 years of it's existence, it's the first time it has produced. Kat and I have already harvested 3 full grocery bags of pecans and tonight I'm shelling them, chopping them, and placing in the freezer.

5. I'm thankful we went to the grocery store yesterday. I made chicken and dumplings last night and making chili tonight.

6. I'm thankful I was able to talk to the woman in charge of my house notes. I got a couple of months behind during the holidays and she has helped me find a way to catch up and STILL get my house paid off this April!! *doing happy dance*

7. I'm thankful for my ADSR partner...we have so much fun chatting every day through messenger and emails...she is an amazing woman and a wonderful friend!!

8. I'm thankful for the ADSR challenges...they have not only helped me learn new techniques and to step out of my comfort zone, but they have helped me learn more about my partner and fellow racers. It's truly an amazing experience!!

9. I'm thankful, that even though it's cold and has caused my arthritis to flair up, I've been able to bear the pain without the aid of meds...I love my electric blankie!!

10. I'm thankful for Ernie the Ogre, our official layout checker Scrapdragon, and all of the staff that work so hard each day to create a fun atmosphere during the ADSR challenges.

2 comments :

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Hey, gal!! Great to see you on here. :D

Praise God you are feeling better and your pipes didn't freeze! It was 9 degrees here yesterday. Ugh!

Faye Hadfield said...

another great read! Got a pressie for you on my blog!
Love you girlfriend!! XXX