Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten Thought Tuesday...2/24/09

1. I feel amazing today.

2. Today's plan...to install flat river rock on the wall so that hubby can finally install the toilet. I'm TIRED of using the guy's bathroom next to the office.

3. I am actually loving the new eating habits...and have even started to learn how to do the diet exchange of meats, starches, fruits, milk, veggies & fats. I can't wait to see the dietitian next week to discuss my meals and ask a zillion questions.

4. My friend Judy (I met through Scrapbook Flair) told me about a diabetic cookbook that she has used for her husband and family for years which ultimately resulted in him losing around 70lbs!! I found and ordered a used copy through B&N for under $5 (incl s&h) and now awaiting it's delivery today or tomorrow.

5. I bought a daily planner yesterday and transferred all of my stats and meals from my mini notebook. With the planner, the pillbox, and my cookbooks in one central location in the kitchen (along with a post-it-note reminder about meds hanging on one of the kitchen cabinet doors)...I'm hoping it will make it easier for me to keep up with everything and stop forgetting stuff.

6. My BP monitor and my glucose meter stays beside my bed...with the exception when I leave home...my glucose meter goes in my purse (along with a snack) and travels with me in the event I'm out when it is time to check my sugar levels or it is snack time.

7. Hubby did an awesome job making and hanging my two built in spice shelves above my stove. Night before last I organized all of our spices, and they are now on the shelves along with 6 soup mugs, loaves of bread, sugar free snacks, chips & paper plates. I don't think there is an inch of space that isn't being used...lol (Now I just have to decide if I want to leave them rough looking or paint them white to match the cabinets and trim.)

8. I must be feeling better...I have this overwhelming need to clean everything top to bottom. For the past 3 days I contained my cleaning urges to the kitchen...now I want to spread out to another room.

9. I finally finished reading NOTHER WORLD by Aimee Maher. OMG!! I loved it!! I can't wait for her next one!!

10.I've got a TON of errands to run tomorrow and need to make a plan to include lunch and snack.

No comments :