Sunday, March 15, 2009

In Celebration Of Kat's Birthday...

I can't believe it's been 17 years since my daughter came into this world!! So many emotions flood me as I think of all that has happened since that day...but the majority of those memories will be put on shelf for another day. Today I just want to celebrate, be happy, and remember how my heart swelled so big with love the moment she was placed in my arms.

Even though today is officially her birthday, her party was last night. It was a small party...family only. Kat, Tommy & I had dinner at our fave Chinese restaurant (though none of it agreed with me half an hour later...very embarrassing...but a story for another time). Afterward, we stopped by Walmart and she picked out a cake, selected a new bathing suit and grabbed a box of hair color. On the way home, we picked up Matt from work. Once home, Matt's GF (Amber) came over and we cut the cake. (I had a very tiny piece, but it didn't agree with my sensitive tummy either. *sgh*) Matt & Amber left while Tommy & I gave Kat her presents...and then she had me color her hair.







I would have preferred to do everything today, but she left just after church service to Myrtle Beach for the next week with Melody and her children, Nina, Deanna & Alex, which is why we planned everything last night. To keep me from just breaking down in tears every 5 minutes, I decided to scrap a couple of pages.




CREDITS:
QP: Tea Party Freebie
Background: Opsy Daisy Freebie
Word Art: Once Upon A Time Freebie
Ivy and Shoe: For My Baby Freebie
Yellow Flower and Petals: Spring Freebie
Button Hearts: Sweet Freebie
Program: PSP-9
Action-Script: tp_Surreal (on extracted photo)


CREDITS:
Lily Designs:
  • BG from Spring Freebie
  • Clouds, Butterfly & Box from Angels
  • Blue Stones from Sweet Freebie
  • WordArt from Secret GardenII
SussieM Designs:
  • Glitter Tree, Grass, Mushrooms, Wings from Secret Garden
Program: PSP-9

No comments :