Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Christmas Season Has Officially Ended For Me

It never fails. Every year I start decorating for Christmas not long after Halloween. Every year I put it all away the day after Christmas. Maybe it's because I decorate so early. Or maybe it's because I'm just ready to get back to our everyday normal routine. Either way, there isn't one single Christmas item left in sight this evening.
(During The Holidays)
My den has been rearranged to accommodate the Grands' toys and Ponyo's ginormous kennel. (She may be small now, but being a Pit Bull, she will grow quickly.) Sadly, without all of the Christmas decorations, the room looks naked and missing the festive touches. Isn't it strange how you get used to an item being in a particular place and then it's just...gone until the next year.

 
 (After everything was put away)
I think what I miss the most is my growing collection of Santas. I'm now up to 15 different sizes and styles. I fear that if I keep up my love affair with him, he will take over every room. For now I have him contained to my den and kitchen.

It's been a long day trying to get my house back in order. Wouldn't be so bad if it were just me doing all of the work, but my Grands wanted to be in the middle of everything so it took a lot longer. HA! I loved it though! They are my heart and the reason I push myself every day.

My time is up...

No comments :