Saturday, July 7, 2007

OH MY GOODNESS!!

I had opened my blog to do a bit of tweaking a few minutes ago and happened to notice the page views...9983!! That's nearly 10,000 page views since January!! WOW!! SO....this calls for a celebration!! Since I can't offer you a piece of my ice cream cake, how about I offer you the recipe along with a freebie??
This is a recipe that I received from Kraft Food & Family-Summer 2007 Magazine. I've made this cake 3 times so far and it never lasts long enough so I usually double/triple the recipe.

1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, chopped (about 1 cup)
12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches, unwrapped

POUR fudge topping into medium bowl. Add 1 cup of the whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; stir 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in chopped cookies; set aside.
ARRANGE 4 of the ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on 24-inch-long piece of foil; top with half of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. Frost top and sides of dessert with remaining whipped topping. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to loosely seal packet.
FREEZE at least 4 hours before serving. Store leftover dessert in freezer.

Now doesn't that look and sound YUMMY?? It's definitely NOT for folks trying to watch their weight...lol!! I'm telling ya, once you serve this to your family they'll be begging for more!! *giggles*

**FREEBIE HAS BEEN REMOVED**

10 comments :

yoly said...

thank you so much this is so swet..love it hugs yoly

yoly said...

by the way congratulations. on all your views wow thats really grea tnews..but you shouldnt be suprise you have a grea tplace here and wonderful shares..hugs yoly
yjleon@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby fae! Thanks for sharing.

jayleigh3 said...

This is so sweet! i love vintage "stuff" Thanks for sharing.

Cher said...

LOVE
LOVE
LOVE
Can't thank you enough - and the cake - makin' it - am in Austin, TX - and sooo wet here - will brighten spirits!!! Thank you so much - you - hillbilly - you!!!
Am sending link to your blog to my teabag folding group - they will adore this - and you! Hugs - Cher - Udder Mudder

Anonymous said...

congrats !!!
thanks so much for sharing...i've been searching for these butterfly wings !!!
KarenDarmanie@yahoo.com

Jen U said...

Oh man I have been so out of it LOL sorry for not being on here in a while. As you know I'm leaving monday so I've been crazy hectic still trying to get ready. Anyways, thanks so much for the recipe and beautiful blog freebie! :) You rock girl!

Mary Sue said...

Love this little gem! Thank you so much!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
TY so very much!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much, just my style! I love this!!