OMGoodness!! This has been one completely packed day for me!! Let's see...I got OS to work before 7am; scanned tons of items for 3 new kits; did two loads of laundry; designed a new logo with the NEW "Anime-Me" that Kat drew earlier in the day; picked up OS from work at 3pm; stopped by the bank, grocery store & gas station; designed a LO using some of my new TWINKLE N TWILIGHT OVERLAYS, and then had to figure out why I couldn't connect to the internet for most of the day.
Hmmm...guess I should back-track a bit. A couple of days ago, I had experienced some technical difficulties with staying connected to the internet. After hubby stressed, screamed, scanned, tweaked with programs and searched wires, we were connected again....albeit a very poor connection. (Which sucked because when I uploaded new kits to the store, they didn't quite make it to Tina's end intact!!) Then I discovered one of the modem plugs not quite seated, so plugged it in completely, and I had connection again....
This morning it was nearly torture to get a page to load...FORGET about downloading or uploading anything...it just wasn't happening. Since hubby had the day off, he retreated to the office to figure it out. This meant I was without internet for roughly 4 hours. He scanned again, ran diagnostics, tested the modem, did everything he possibly could to figure out the problem...and then he discovered it wasn't my modem after all-IT WAS MY WIRELESS ROUTER!! NOOOOOOOOOO!! He took it apart, tweaked, put it back together and EUREKA!! Now I'm online again, cable modem is blinking it's little lights at me, wireless router is back to normal and all of my online pages are loading like they should!! YIPPEE!!
With me being without internet for the 4 hours, I decided to play with all of the new items I had scanned earlier in the day. So far, I have nearly one kit complete...filled with lots of denim, lace & beads. I still have a LOT of stuff I want to add to it, but the scanned items from this morning are finished!! :D

The LO I created earlier had Kat ooohing and aaahing...lol!! As mentioned above, it was created using two of the overlays from my TWINKLE N TWILIGHT OVERLAYS, and 5 faeries and one overlay from Kat's Enchanted Garden (pt 4/unnamed).
The photo was very fuzzy, so I clarified, adjusted contrast, and applied backlighting.To remove most of the photo, I used the Freehand Selection Tool. I applied Eyecandy 4000/Dropshadow to each faerie, the photo and the alpha to give it an ethereal glow.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the new "Anime-Me" Kat drew for me!! (Thank goodness she didn't draw it proportionally correct-hahahahahaha) She did a rough sketch, then I picked out the colors I wanted, and both of us took turns filling each area. Once I had it scanned, I then added my wedding ring to my finger, and two of my celtic hoop earrings to my ear...I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!
The pocket, lace & beads are some of the items of the new denim kit that I started working on this morning. Like I said, I've got a LOT of stuff I still want to add, so this may end up being a Mega-Kit by the time I'm finished!! ROFL!!
Well, I'm off of here for a while. I'm taking the weekend to catch up on much needed cleaning, and to fill out paperwork before our next homeschooling session begins. (We don't "officially" begin until the day after Labor Day, but all of the paperwork needs to be turned in before next week!!)
'Til next time-Happy Scrappin'
No comments :
Post a Comment