Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day Of Mourning...

Instead of getting up with the masses between 4-6am to stand in lines to get great deals, I was nice and toasty in my bed!! Don't get me wrong...I love a good sale, but now I would rather find it during daylight hours!! *giggles*

GROSS SECTION:
For those of you that don't want to know gross things...just skip over this next part...
  • Yesterday, I had a moment where I lost my sanity due to one of the cats peeing on my sofa and my den floor. *sigh* For a while, the steam cleaner did a fabulous job of removing the stains and odors...but yesterday there was just no way of getting rid of the smell. *screams while pulling out hair*
GROSS SECTION OVER:
Today, after sleeping the morning away, and eating a big lunch, I decided to go sofa shopping. (See reason in GROSS SECTION above.) I wasn't looking for anything fancy, and being on a budget, I hit the thrift stores. Though the first store had a few sofa's and love seats, all of them were spoken for. ARGH!! I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to have any luck at the second store either...having browsed 15 rows of sofa's, loveseats, chairs, and sectionals...but then, on the very last row THERE IT WAS!! A Red Sofa, under $60, that wasn't sold/spoken for!!


Normally, I would have passed on such a bold color, but being a desperate woman in need of a place for my family to sit, I had very little choice in the matter. Surprisingly, it was in FABULOUS condition...no tears, no stains, and most importantly....NO SMELLS!! Best of all, once we got it home, it was the same shade red that is in my Americana chair-rail border and decor!! Praise God!! (Will post pictures at a later time...waiting for batteries to recharge!!)

On the way home, we had stopped by one of Kat's friends' house to pick up her CD player she'd left behind a couple of weeks ago. Had planned only staying for a moment since I had to clean the den and rearrange everything for the RED SOFA, so I stayed in the car with OS while Kat went inside. A couple of minutes later, Kat came out in tears, followed by her friends...their father had died in his sleep last night. It was such a sudden thing, and has really devasted the family. Kat stayed with her friends through the afternoon to help around the house, while I rushed off to grab a few groceries/staples I knew they would need over the next few days. The viewing will be Sunday, and funeral on Monday.

Please keep this family in your prayers during the next few weeks...they weren't prepared for this type of tragedy, and it's going to be quite a financial burden to them as well as the emotional pain they will be facing.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! That's terrible!... How very sad :( Do they know what caused his death?