Monday, December 17, 2007

12 Days Of Christmas...Gift 5 (And A New LO!!)

Can you believe that it's 8 days until Christmas?? I could have sworn I had at least 2 more weeks!! *giggles* How is it that this year I'm SO unorganized?? Normally, I would have my Christmas cards sent out by December 1st, but this year's cards didn't see the post office until last night!! And I hate to admit it, but skipped over many just so I could get some of them mailed.

Spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening working on a layout. I created both of the papers using several overlays. Played with each layer until I got the blending that I was looking for. The globe was the hardest for me...most of my time was dedicated to it!! Originally, my friend Andrea of Boyerville Scraps had sent me an ornament template to play with...and though it had worked for todays 12 Days Of Christmas Gifts, it just didn't have the feel I was needing. Took me 3 hours of tweaking, blending, erasing, adding snowflakes...and can't remember half of what else I did, but ended up with something that looked like a "magical globe".



Once I completed the globe, added the snow, Fred & Jack-Jack, I needed something to hold the globe. Kat took one look at it and then had me take a photo of her looking down at her hands...and this is how we got the photo of her!! The look on her face was what inspired the journaling, "The magic and wonder of the season."


Full Credits: Grunge overlay by AcmDesignz
Mistletoe overlay by AlabamaStoneThrower Creations
Snowflake overlay by AlabamaStoneThrower Creations
Floral Doodle Overlay by Sweet Made
Magical Globe by AlabamaStoneThrower Creations
Eclectic Paper Curls by Laura Burger
Font: Frosty

*Edited to remove link*

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

What a stunning layout! Thanks for sharing it!

cinmcw said...

I agree, awesome idea...and it turned out to be a beautiful layout, esp. with your daughter as the subject!

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely designs! I can't seem to find the link for the ornaments, if there is one? Help, please. :)

Thank you again!

Cindy

cinmcw said...

I found the link! I think it was hiding behind a butterfly! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful ornaments! Love them!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one that is late getting my cards done!! Love the ornaments!! Thank you!!