Thursday, February 7, 2008

Addicted To FreeCycle...

Every morning, I scan my email headlines in hopes of finding a good deal. Mind you, these good deals are mixed in with tons of scrapping info and graphics so it takes me a while to sort. Most of the time, I'm too late in responding and the items have already been claimed or picked up. However, yesterday was my lucky day!!

2 days ago, someone posted an offer for used hardwood flooring that was from an old building. Must be moved immediately...TONS of it...each in 10ft strips. So I replied saying I was interested and then deleted the email. I figured when I hadn't heard anything after 24 hours, that I didn't get it. THEN...low and behold, I received a message saying that she had contacted 4 people (the first 4 that had responded) but no one replied back to say that could pick up the flooring immediately, and that I was next in line. I ran to the phone and called immediately to set up a time for me to arrange pickup. The gentleman that answered the phone was very polite and explained the condition of the flooring. (Most will need to have nails removed, paint removed, sanded and restained.) I told him that was not a problem!! then I told him that I had to wait for hubby to get off work so that I could use his truck.

Sadly, hubby wasn't able to get off work in time, and I had to call the gentleman back to let him know that it would the following day (TODAY) that I'd be able to make a trip out that way. He sounded stressed. He asked if I was the same woman he talked to that morning, and I said yes. He then asked if he had told me he had already spoken to someone, and I had said no. He then sighed and said that someone was already there picking up a load. ARGH!!

I let him know that there was no way that I could make it before he closed, but he assured me that even if the same poeple returned in the morning before I made it there, that there is TONS of flooring to go around. That was a big relief, because I really want hardwood flooring in my den!!

So now, I'm sitting here waiting for one of OS's friends to arrive in his pickup truck so that we can start hauling the flooring to my backporch. I'm very excited!! I've always wanted hardwood flooring...even if it's a huge project of striping and sanding and staining...I DON'T CARE!! It's very OLD, very WIDE, hardwood flooring!! *jumping up and down*

Will share photos of the trip when I get home.
HUGS

No comments :