Friday, February 8, 2008

A Gift For CCM...

Funny how God speaks to you when you least expect it...

I started working on this special gift for CCM yesterday evening after dinner. I'd been planning it for several days, even down to what I was going to write. The complete layout already mapped, and all I needed to do was find the perfect papers and elements to match what was inside my head.

I worked on it for hours before I went to bed Thursday night/Friday morning (1am), and even tweaked with it again today before taking Kat to Driver's Ed. It was nearly completed, but I had one final item to add...a butterfly. It couldn't be just any butterfly!! It had to be blue. I saved my work and then headed out for the day.

Finally, at 10pm tonight I found the perfect butterfly and opened the layout to finish it...it was THEN where God spoke. I was still feeling pretty bad about my hair when I started reading what I had wrote on the page last night..."It's not the hairstyle that makes you beautiful...it's the tender and loving heart that God has given you. I love you my dearest friend." I broke down in tears again...but this time because i allowed myself to think hateful things about my former pastor's wife. I allowed vanity to ruin my day's happiness...instead of just being thankful that I was able to get my hair cut...and FOR FREE. It was a hard lesson to swallow.

So CCM, this gift is for you for being such an amazing friend to me. For always having a word of encouragement, and for having a great big, loving heart. You're an enormous inspiration in my life!! I Love You!!

FULL CREDITS:
Background from Signs Of Eternity by Manuela Zimmermann
Frames from Vintage Photo Frames by Nancy Comelab
Frame Color and Background Overlay from Moments by Manuela Zimmermann
Pearl Blue element and Blue Butterflies from EphemeralsII by Jofia Devoe
Heart from Frame Hearts by Monika69
Swass Border Freebie by Shandy Vogt
Faerie by Outlaw By Design
Font Color from Endless Love Add On by Manuela Zimmermann
Fonts: Treasury and Jerry's handwriting
Program: PSP-9
Plug-Ins: EyeCandy4000 - Shadowlab

No comments :