
(Image of a greeting card I received in the mail today
from one of my bestest friends in the whole world!!)
Knowing that I am NOT a cat person would stand to reason that I don't LIKE them. Matter of fact, it would stand to reason that I hate them. I'm severely allergic to them. I hate how they spray anything they claim as their own. I hate how they multiply every time I turn around!! I hate litter boxes!! I hate that they are NOT dogs!! And yet...I melt when they look into my eyes, rub against me and purr. It's hard to hate them when they look at you with such love and affection. It's even harder to hate them when they get sick.
Case in point, today hubby and OS had to take the 9 "outside" kittens to the vet to find out what is wrong with them. It started a few days ago with them sneezing. Now 2 of them can barely see through swollen eyes, constantly sneezing, foam coming up when they cough, and mucus dripping from their little noses. We're afraid that it's spreading, because the kitten inside is now sneezing her little head off. It broke mine and hubby's hearts to see them suffering...
Vet only examined the 2 that were showing the most severe signs...gave hubby several bottles of Amoxicillin and was told to give each fur-baby 2 drops every day. Hubby being hubby isn't great at remembering things, so OS was the one that had to tell me about the dosage. As for what is wrong with them...hubby didn't make any sense. Something about Respiratory Infections and Herpes.
I don't know...will have to call the vet tomorrow when they reopen to make sense of what hubby said!! ROFLAll of the fur-babies have now had their meds and hopefully we will see an improvement in a few days.
No comments :
Post a Comment