Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Getting Back To CT Work and UPDATES

After a long hiatus, due to server problems, Veronica Spriggs is up and running once more!! *Doing happy dance* This means you'll be seeing a lot more of me!! *giggles*

UPDATES: Robert's graduation ceremony left me in tears. Will scrap all of the photos as time permits.

I've completely finished the "purging of my home" project. Every nook, cranny, box, closet, crevice & cabinet couldn't hide from me. I removed so many knic knacks, clothing, furniture & linens from my home that I'm now able to see walls and floors that I forgot we had!! *oops* Though I feel amazing that I completed this major task, it's far from over. Now the remodeling, rearranging & decorating begins.

ON THE TO-DO LIST:
PORCH
  1. Purchase lumber, trim and doors
  2. Carefully unroll, measure & cut "no-see-em" screen (that came in mail while I was away)
  3. Screen in back porch
FLOORS
  1. Rip up carpet in den, kitchen & living room
  2. Install hard wood floors
  3. Either sand and stain floors or paint floors
  4. Find several braided rugs varying in size
KITCHEN
  1. Remove everything in kitchen
  2. Take down single upper cabinet on right side of sink (Keep for new project)
  3. Paint cabinet, walls & ceiling white (keep wrought iron hardware black)
  4. Install 4 white shelves (supported by wrought iron shelf brackets) of different lengths to replace single cabinet
  5. Use shelves to display/store glasses, coffee cups, plates, bowls, china, mixing & storage bowls
  6. Convert double cabinets (that originally held all of above mentioned) on left side of sink into "pantry"
  7. Convert Lower single cabinet on right side of sink as storage of oversized pots, pans, and small appliances (that originally was "pantry"
  8. SELL kitchen table and chairs
  9. Replace table for center island with storage on one side/bar with stools on other.
  10. Remove make-shift counter hubby installed beside refrigerator
  11. Move fridge to spot make-shift counter was located.
  12. Place pie cabinet in original fridge spot.
BATHROOM
  1. Remove sink, bubble tub & toilet
  2. Remove unfinished side original flooring
  3. Replace plywood floor & joists as needed
  4. Reinstall sink & toilet (may need to replace bubble tub depending if hubby can repair motor for jet sprayers)
  5. Install "Grab Rails" near toilet and tub
  6. Install new wall insulation
  7. Install new drywall
  8. Purchase stack kit adapter, longer dryer vent hose and place dryer on top of washer
  9. Finish trim & electrical
  10. Paint walls & ceiling white
  11. Use boards from old pallets for flooring and walls with whitewash treatment
  12. Paint floors with SEVERAL coats of polyurethane
  13. Decorate with beach/light houses
Of course, I'll also be taking plenty of before, during & after photos of these projects. HA! (Which reminds me, I need to upload my Florida Vacation scrap pages I finally scrapped...lol)

Until then...that leaves me with showing you my latest CT scrap page.

Kit: Pretty As A Princess
Designer: Veronica Spriggs
Link:http://www.digiscrapboutique.com/
boutique/pretty-as-a-princess-scrap-kit
-pr-3949.html

Layout: Jay Elliott (ASTC)
Program: PSP-9
Font: Jenkins v2.0
Plug-Ins: EyeCandy 4000/Shadowlab

No comments :