Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stress Free Living Is My Goal...

Due to the humidity and rain today, the kitchen was put on hold. To keep me occupied, I opted to vacuum, dust, do laundry & bathrooms. Of course, with all of the kitchen stuff strewn all over the place, it wasn't a very thorough clean. LOL

In between each chore, I had a lot of down time. So I started one of my library books. A crime/mystery novel...and though I managed to complete it a couple of hours ago, it really wasn't anything to brag about.

I've been doing some serious thinking about organizing more areas of my life to make things easier for me. So far I've gone through the entire house and purged unneeded nick knacks, Christmas items, clothing, furniture, curtains, towels, bed sheets & kitchen stuff that were just taking up space. (Every day I'm finding more and more I can live without.) Redoing the kitchen, however, has me wanting to not only organize the look of the kitchen, but what makes the kitchen "tick"...the food area. NO, I'm not talking about organizing the food IN the pantry and freezer, I'm talking about motivating myself to plan weekly meals, and finding creative ways to use leftovers in other meals instead of eating the SAME MEAL for 2-3 days. (With freezer empty and pantry at an all time low, now seems the best time to start.)

Anything to make life easier and removing stress...right??

Planning meals was something my mother never passed on to me...but then SHE never planned meals either. She just cooked whatever she felt like having that particular day, and if there were tons of leftovers (which usually was the case) we'd eat it for 2-3 days straight. THAT was what she passed on to me...how to cook for an army and eat the same thing for nearly a week. (Not very appealing when you know you are having something like spaghetti for breakfast, lunch & dinner...lol)


So I went online in search of how to plan weekly meals and came across a website that specializes in Home Organization...Menus4Moms.
...hoping this will help me in my quest to become better organized so that I can get on my way to a healthier and stress free life.

My house and my life may seem chaotic for now, but I'm preparing myself for a future of less mess, less stress & less worries
.

No comments :