Friday, September 5, 2008

BONE TIRED...

It was a good thing that I blogged just past midnight for Thursday, cause for the rest of the day I hardly had any time to myself because I was busy stripping beds, cleaning furniture, vacuuming and steam cleaning floors, cleaning mattresses, treating heads & washing EVERY article of clothing in the house (whether it had been worn or not). I still have 2 loads of laundry left, but as of this moment, I'M DONE!! Best of all...we are cootie free again.

In my bedroom, I decided to lift my bed frame 4" higher to make it easier for me to get out of bed. With it being higher, my bed-skirt no longer fits, so will probably end up making one at a later time. It's also made it easier for me to vacuum under the bed.

I rearranged some of the furniture while cleaning the carpets. While I had all of the drawers out of the dresser I started purging again. By the time I was finished with mine AND Kat's room, I had 2 garbage bags full of clothes, a clothing basket full of nick knacks, a large box full of shoes, a 3 legged brass table with glass top, a wooden side table, several silk flower arrangements, 2 grocery sacks filled with small stuffed animals, and a backpack FULL of Mardi Gras beads. Let me put it this way...once all of it was moved to Matt's car, there was only room for him to get in...lol!! He dropped it off at the thrift store immediately. ROFL!!

So thankful for hubby...he pretty much stayed out of the house and out of the way the entire day...yet when it came dinner time he took care of it. After 4 hours sleep from the night before and my non-stop cleaning, his hamburgers have never tasted SO GOOD.

Also thankful for Olive Oil & Cling Wrap!! Not sure why, but this method kills head lice AND makes the eggs fall off the hair. (Plus it's CHEAP...hahaha) Wednesday night I went to sleep with my head wrapped. Yesterday morning nearly all of the eggs were gone after I rinsed my hair and combed again. I woke Kat, wrapped her head and then repeated procedure on me. At bedtime we both rinsed, combed and repeated wrap and went to sleep. (Wrapping up in an old towel helps at night to keep cling wrap in place and from oil damaging clothing or pillows.) This morning I was cootie free, and now that it's bedtime, so is Kat. WHOO HOOO!!

This morning was also payday for Matt...and you know what THAT meant...PAY DAY!!
  • 11:30am -went to Liz's house to check her mail (while she is out of town for funeral)
  • 11:45am -got money from bank
  • 12:00pm -got in line at courthouse for car tag
  • 1:30pm -paid half of light bill
  • 1:49pm -paid cable bill
  • 2:00pm -mailed package to Aunt in Decherd, Tennessee
  • 2:30pm -paid car insurance
  • 2:45pm -arrived home, called phone company to release number, got confirmation, called cable company to let them know they could go ahead with work order to install digital phone, got confirmation for September 15th.
  • 3:15pm -hubby went to Napa to pick up a few auto parts, dropped off another garbage bag filled with clothes at thrift store, stopped by Wal*Mart to replenish cleaning suplies and to grab a box of hair color for me, then to Dollar General for cat food (cause it's cheaper...lol)
  • 5:58pm -got home, ate dinner, watched the news, then colored hair
Kinda nice being my natural color again...

Had a weird moment with Kat's boss. Oddly enough, she wanted Kat to come in yesterday and today?!?! Does she not realize this SPREADS if not dealt with? And she wanted Kat to work with the preschoolers!! HELLO...are you on drugs? Then to top it off, Kat's drama team leader wanted Kat to come over to her house this weekend and possibly stay the night...when Kat told her it depended on if she was able to get rid of her cooties, the dt leader said it wouldn't be a problem. OK...did I miss something? Head lice no longer a problem in public settings? Kat told her she would call her tomorrow if I thought she's "safe" again. Neither woman was pleased. Well the way I see it, I'd rather know they were gone before I or my daughter stepped out of the house...I'm telling ya...WEIRD!!

Alrighty...that's it for my last 2 days...I'm off to bed!!

No comments :