Late yesterday afternoon most of my energy came back, so I spent it cleaning the kitchen. Hubby even caught some of my energy and finished working on my built-in spice shelves that are now hanging above the stove. (He made them out of pieces of the hard wood flooring that I got through FreeCycle last year that was intended to use on the kitchen floor, but they got water damaged waiting for me to use them under a tarp in my backyard.)
I took my time, cleaned everything, top to bottom, rearranged a few things on the countertops, and even cooked dinner for the family. (We had skinless chicken - each piece coated with 2 tsp zesty Italian dressing and baked in the oven, green beans, whole kernel corn, & Stove Top stuffing. Everything was precisely measured...the only difference between mine and theirs...they added salt.)
After everyone was finished, I tidied up, checked email and just goofed off online until it was time for me to eat my snack, take my meds and get ready for bed. 9pm came, I ate my snack, got my meds and brought them to the kitchen and sat them down on my laptop to take with a fresh glass of ice water. Then I remembered I needed to start a load of laundry so that Kat would have a clean work shirt for this morning. I got sidetracked 2 more times after the laundry by straightened things in the dining room and in my bedroom. Finally it was time to check my BP & Sugar and go to bed.
This morning I got up, checked my BP & Sugar & then went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I picked up my meal-planning breakfast list beside my laptop on the kitchen table and notice 2 little pills sitting beside my laptop...the same pills I THOUGHT I had taken last night. My sugar at bedtime was 158...had I taken my meds it might have stayed down...but this morning it was back up to 205. *sigh*
I want to bang my head into a wall. I keep DETAILED LISTS of my BP & sugar stats, meals & meds...down to the exact minute of when checked, eaten or taken. So how is it that this slipped past me? I know how important it is to take my meds...how serious it is if I don't take them...so such a careless mistake has me really worried!! I keep a written daily journal, an online daily journal and even a chart to keep up with everything...I don't know what else to do to prevent this from happening again.
1 comment :
just a suggestion Jay - when you get the water and the pills - take them there and then in the kitchen by the sink!! Dont' sit down, don't chat, don't walk away until you have swallowed them.... a lesson learned from bitter experience...xxx
Post a Comment