...trying to remain calm...
...trying to focus on breathing...
...trying not to panic...
...thankful hubby was able to save me...
I had found my groove...was doing the final cleaning on the fridge door before I put the metal strips and plastic brackets back on them when a roach crawled from under the rubber seal and across my hand. I nearly peed my pants. I grabbed both doors and took them to the front yard and used the pressure washer on them to make sure all creepy crawlies were completely removed from beneath the rubber seal. (Though I had gotten every crevice of the seals last night, I'd forgotten to clean beneath them before I went to bed.)
With the door crisis taken care of, I thought I was in the clear. With hubby busy online looking for affordable parts for Kat's car and his truck, I decided to remove our ice maker and hoses from the original fridge, clean them and then attach to the replacement fridge. I got a little ahead of myself...I took out the screws to the back panel of replacement fridge to make sure it had all of the necessary plugs...but then my world went black. LITERALLY!!
Thousands of bugs went running everywhere!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! Hubby came running with the bug spray. There are now a variety of dead bugs in different sizes lying all over my brick patio....though the majority of them are of the roach kind. GROSS!!
The cardboard panel will have to be replaced as I completely destroyed it by stomping like a deranged madwoman.
The electical components to the replacement fridge is now saturated in bug spray and I'm waiting for some of it to dry before I take the Shop Vac outside to suck up all of the dead bodies and this really gross, sticky, nest thingie they were living in. (The only way to describe it is kind of a mix between a spider web and the long, hanging moss from trees you see along the Gulf Coast...and it's this funky brown color.) *trying not to vomit*
I think it's time to take a little break...
No comments :
Post a Comment