Thursday, June 7, 2007

THURSDAY TOM FOOLERY...Challenges and LO's!!

Ever have one of those days that EVERYTHING just seemed funny to you?? Well, today was one of those days for me!! HEHEHE

It began this morning when I woke up from a dream where I was trying to fight my way through all of my loving kitties. I'd move an inch, and more would come running up for love. I woke to find myself fighting with my covers instead...lol...somehow I ended up being wrapped like a burrito and couldn't find my way out!! ROFL

Speaking of burrito...it's the name we've given one of the 2 newborns that are left of Little-Bit's siblings. Each day we clean her eyes and give her a bottle...just like we did with the last two. This one, however, is strong, and is growing, and is very active!! We named her Burrito because we have to wrap her in a towel, like a burrito, to keep her still when we are feeding her a bottle. She's the cutest thing you've ever seen!! Remember my little Runt?? Well Runt is half the size of the 1st batch of kittens, and Burrito is half the size of Runt. When she's sitting on my hand, she only takes up half of my palm!! Soon as I can, I'll take a few pics to share!!

Spent most of the day at the water/theme park again. Our high reached 96 today, so I decided I would do nothing more than lie on a tube floating around the lazy river. Of course, my daughter Kat talked me into going down the enclosed water slides again. FAIR WARNING: if ya ever have the pleasure of visiting Alabama Adventures Theme Park, you'll end up with a wedgie the size of King Kong once ya hit the pool at the bottom!! *giggles*

At the moment, I'm participating in 2 challenges hosted by Idgie at Tina Williams Designs Yahoo Group... "Beauty QP Exchange" & "YaYa Box." The Beauty QP's are created using Tina's Beauty kit. So far we have 8 entries!! The deadline is June 14th, so there is plenty of time for you to join!! *wink* My first QP is from the LO "Back In Time" that I uploaded to this past Tuesday's post found HERE!! My second QP is from a LO I posted to all of my galleries today: "Elegant Beauty"

The Journaling Reads:
Though you were gone, long before I was born, I've always
been fascinated with the photographs my Momma had of you.
This one, in particular, is my favorite, because it shows a
glimpse of your elegance, grace and beauty that my
Momma often spoke of.

Credits: Kit: Beauty by Tina Williams Designs
(found HERE)
Font: AL Afternoon Delight
Layout Designer: AlabamaStoneThrower Creations©
Title: Elegant Beauty
Photo: Great Aunt Lucy Griswell
Created: June 7, 2007
Program: PSP-9


Layout Designer: AlabamaStoneThrower Creations©
Title: ASTC_YaYa-Box-Challenge_Outside
Photos: Matt, Robert, Kat, Tommy and Me
Created: June 7, 2007
Program: PSP-9


The YaYa Box, is a family tradition in certain Latino cultures, much like a Hope Chest, and while it did serve the purpose of protecting embroidered linens and handmade quilts, its true meaning and purpose went much deeper than the storage factor. The YaYa Box was filled with Hopes and Dreams -

A father or grandfather would build the box, which would then belong to the matriarch of the family. She would paint, decoupage, or in some way adorn a section on the outside of the box with a memorable scene from her life - wedding, birth, whatever was important to her. However, it was the underside of the lid that became the magic canvas - Here, the current owner of the box was to paint her most longed for Hope, Wish, Desire...This portion was kept secret until the box was passed on to the eldest daughter when she married, or daughter-in-law if there were no female children. The cycle continued until the box was completely covered by generations of art, inside and out.. Much thought went into the images on both the outside and inside of the box as each generation only has one space on each section to call her own.

SO...Idgie has devised a 2 Part - 2 Page Challenge:
Using any of Tina William's Kits that you desire, or a combination of Tina's kits, we're to SCRAP our own "YaYa Box". Page 1 will be your Outside Memorable Moment, and Page 2, the Inside of the Lid - Your Hope, Wish, Desire; Something that has yet to be fulfilled.

Here's my 1st page: The Outside of my YaYa Box

My first page represents the outside of my YaYa box,
featuring some of the things that means the most to me.
(My children; my love of music; my love letters from Tommy
from when we were "long-distance" dating - that I keep tied
together with pink ribbons; and our wedding day.)

All Elements From Tina Williams Designs
(Trunk, Notebook, Postcard) - Echoes Of Yesterday
(Pink Lace, Flowers, Pink Ribbon, Pink Bow) - Beauty
(White Lace, Blue Ribbon, Buttons, Red knotted Ribbon,
BG of Matt's Grad Photo) - Grandma's Kitchen
(Sheet Music) - Cool Summer

Layout Designer: AlabamaStoneThrower Creations©
Title: ASTC_YaYa-Box-Challenge_Outside
Photos: Matt, Robert, Kat, Tommy and Me
Created: June 7, 2007
Program: PSP-9

No comments :