Thursday, December 20, 2007

12 Days Of Christmas...Gift 8 (Updates And Another LO)

I've been awake since 9:15am, and yet it is now 1pm and I'm JUST now getting online!! ARRGGHH!

My day started in a rush. OS was suppose to be at work at 9am, but we both ended up oversleeping. I woke as he came bursting through my bedroom door yelling, "LET'S GO!!" I look at the clock and moan. I get up, go to the bathroom to get ready and find 1 of 3 land mines that either one of the cats or Jack-Jack left in the doorway!! I quickly hoped one-footed to the bathroom and cleaned up.

After dropping off OS, I got back home, grabbed Kat and out the door we rushed to pay house note, drop off a package at the post office, then to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries and last minute gifts. By the time I got back home, it was time to fix lunch. And so...here we are!! Another day of rushing around... Yesterday was DAY 2 of the 40 Days of Scrapping Purpose at Divine Digital. My quest was to scrap the reasons why I scrap using my own color palette, 3 fonts, and a new technique. This is what I created:



JOURNALING READS:
1. To Record Memories.

2. To Preserve Photos.

3. To Leave A Piece Of Me Behind.

4. To Spread A Little Love To Future Generations.

5. To Pass Down Our Family Stories.

6. To Connect Future Generations With The Past.

7. To Have a Creative Outlet During My Bad Days.

8. To Feel A Sense Of Accomplishment.

9. To Express My Thoughts And Emotions.

10. To Relive Special Times And Events.


Book - Grandma's Family Tree Album by Tina Williams Designs

Cluster Frames by Catherine Paturet

Title Font In Book: Dragonfly MF

Journaling Fonts: Fairies Wear Boots...and...Jerry's handwriting

Rose Corner - THOAW by Idgie's Heartsong

Background - Venetian Texture by Nancie Rowe Hanitz

Teal Background - If You Dare by Shandy Vogt

Inked Edge by Nancie Rowe Hanitz


House Background Was Hand Drawn And Painted On A Sheet Of Paper For My Mother (Before 1970), Of What Our House Looked Like Between 1950's-60's. Due To The Fragile State Of The Painting, I Had To Scan It While Still In It's Archival Sleeve.


NEW TECHNIQUE:
First Time I Used The Tone Filter From MuRa's Meister

********************************

*Edited to remove link*

'
Til next time...Happy Scrappin'

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

I just wanted to come thank you for your freebies Jay. I haven' gotten them, because I don't celebrate Christmas, but I know there are alot of people who do, who will make good use of it!! Its so nice of you to have done this!!

I hope you day will slow down a little, and not be so busy!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much.

Lots of luv

Chris

jassi said...

Thank you very much.

jassi from austria