#2. Having that same bug crawl down my arm makes me scream while petrified with fear.
#3. Having it happen while sitting on the toilet makes for an embarrassing situation when hubby has to come save me.
#4. It takes 15 minutes for my blood pressure to calm down after having a panic attack followed by tears.
#5. Having ANOTHER Palmetto bug fly at my face while entering my bedroom makes me lose my mind!!
#6. Having that same bug LAND on my face causes me to scream like I'm dying.
#7. When having a bug on me, other than flinging it off of me, I can't doing anything but scream while petrified in one spot.
#8. Having hubby run to my rescue again, while laughing, didn't help my panic attack.
#9. Having hubby MISS the bug, and it run under my bed made for a very LONG night sitting in middle of bed with the lights on.
#10. After last nights terrifying events, my throat now hurts, my body is stiff, and I need a nap.
To understand more about my overwhelming fear about these bugs, I need to turn back the clock to when I was 9. My nanny was staying with us while recovering from hip replacement surgery and had been placed in my room...in my bed. So that had me sleeping in my brother's room. The lighting in his room wasn't that great, so I had taken a flashlight to bed with me so that I could read before going to sleep. Not long after burying myself under the covers, I heard this "swish" "swish" "swish" noise. Being 9, I was curious, threw back the covers and shined the light on the ceiling. No sooner had I exposed the light, 7-8 Palmetto bugs let go of the ceiling and flew towards me. Ever since that night, I am so petrified with fear, that it's hard to breathe, hard to move, and I can't do anything but scream. I've tried to overcome the fear, and for the most part I'm OK if it's during the daytime...but you let it be dark outside, and I'm back to being that same little 9 year old girl that can't get them off of me fast enough!!
Whew...ok...enough of that!! How about I share with you my latest LO!!
If you remember, last Thursday I had shared a LO that was part of a 2page challenge hosted by Idgie using Tina Williams Designs kits. Well, during my many hours of being awake last night, I managed to complete the 2nd page...lol

(click the page for full credits and larger view)
2 comments :
Oh good Lord! We have those darn things here too. I have never seen one before in my life until we moved here in April, I'm not too far away from ya now! :) But was that serious, did that all happen to you last night? Those things are the freaking nastiest things I have ever seen in my life! Ugh! I totaly feel you on this one, *hugs*
Love the new LO, very cool how everything is in the suitcase, i love it! :)
After reading this, I'm calling Terminex tomorrow. I hate those big cockroaches. Shiver...just thinking about it going across your hand like that.
Post a Comment